Through a small-grant program, the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava provides partial support to NGOs and individuals working on projects that correspond with the Embassy’s mission priorities.
The Embassy elicits proposals with outstanding cultural and educational merit. In deciding which projects to support, the Embassy will give consideration to the full range and diversity of Slovak organizations and their cultural and NGO projects and will seek to target geographically and demographically diverse audiences in the Slovak Republic. Preference will be given to Slovak individuals and institutions with a proven track record of executing superior cultural and NGO events and programs. New grantees will be generally given priority over previous grantees.
Typically, grants range from $500 to $3,000, but do not exceed $10,000. However, we will consider larger grants under some circumstances.
Priority will be given to proposals that support the following areas:
- Promoting American art and culture, and English language learning in the Slovak Republic
- Increasing Slovakia’s engagement in global stability and security
- Strengthening the rule of law, government accountability, and anti-corruption efforts
- Promoting human rights, education, inclusion, and integration of underrepresented groups
- Promoting economic prosperity and energy security
- Strengthening independent media and journalism
Proposals may be submitted at any time. The Embassy grants committee will meet the first weeks of December, March, and June to review the applications received the months prior to their meeting. Applicants will be notified shortly thereafter.
Grant proposals should include all of the information requested in the application guidelines. Proposals will not be considered until all information is received in either hard copy or electronic form. Proposals must be in English or accompanied by an English translation. Supporting documents may be in Slovak.
Questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will receive official grant forms and detailed instructions how to follow the administrative procedure.